Vegetarian Diet or Meat Eating?
Vegetarian diet and meat eating, which is good for us? Let’s start with informations about meat eating and what are the costs of this eating habit.
Somes of the diseases related to meat consumption/production:
- Swine flu
- Ebola-reston virus
- Cured meats and fish increase leukemia risk in children
- Antibiotic-resistanct “superbug” infections from a strain of Staphylococcus aureus
- Blue tongue disease
- E coli
- Bird flu
- Mad cow disease ( Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease, 90% of the population at risk)
- Pig’s disease (PMWS)
- Shellfish poisoning
- Clostridium difficile
- Diseases hidden in healthy-appearing livestock
- Some of the costs of meat eating:
- Infertility: eating just one serving of meat per day increases the risk of women’s infertility by 32%, with additional meat consumption increasing the risk.
- Heart disease: over 17 million lives lost globally each year. Cost of cardiovascular disease is at least US$1 trillion a year.
- Cancer: colorectal cancer – over 1 million new colon cancer patients diagnosed each year, more than 600,000 colon cancer-related mortalities annually. In United States alone, colon cancer treatment costs about US$6.5 billion, millions of people are newly diagnosed with other meat-related cancers every year
- Diabetes: 246 million people are affected worldwide, an estimated US$174 billion spent each year on treatment in just the United States.
- Obesity: worldwide 1.6 billion adults are overweight with 400 million more who are obese, costs US$93 billion each year for medical expenses in the United States alone. At least 2.6 million people die annually from problems related to being overweight or obese.
- Environmental: use up to 70% of clean water, pollute most of the water bodies, deforest the lungs of the earth, uses up to 43% of the world’s cereal, uses up to 85% of the world’s soy, cause world hunger & wars, 80% cause of global warming.
- Some of the costs of milk consumption: bacterial microbes, pesticides, and enzymes found in cheese, derived from the inner stomach linings of other animals, up to 80% of the calories in cheese are from pure fat; breast, prostate and testicular cancer from hormones present in milk, listeria and Crohn’s disease; hormones and saturated fat leads to osteoporosis, obesity, diabetes and heart disease; linked to higher incidences of multiple sclerosis; classified as a major allergen; lactose intolerance.
Obviously, eating meat is contributing to making our health weaker. So, what is the solution for this trouble and will vegetarian diet be the right way for human kind? Let’s see what vegetarian diet can bring us.
Some of the benefits of a vegetarian diet:
- Lowers blood pressure
- Lowers cholesterol levels
- Reduces type 2 diabetes
- Prevents stroke conditions
- Reverses atherosclerosis
- Reduces heart surgery risk 80%
- Prevents many forms of cancer
- Stronger immune system
- Increases life expectancy up to 15 years
- Higher IQ
- Saves 70% of a total cost of US$40 trillion for reducing global warming
- Uses 4.5 times less land to grow food
- Conserves up to 70% clean water
- Saves 80% of the cleared Amazonian rainforest from animal grazing
- A solution for world hunger:
- Free up 3.4 billion hectares of land
- Free up 760 million tons of grain every year (half the world’s grain supply)
- Consumes 1/3 fossil fuels of those used for meat production
- Reduces pollution from untreated animal waste
- Maintains cleaner air
- Saves 4.5 tons of emissions per US household per year
- Stop 80% of global warming
With benefits of vegetarian diet that listed above, we can say that vegan is the effective solution for both our health and our life and even for health of our planet.
BE VEGAN, GO GREEN AND SAVE PLANET
According to Suprememastertv.com
Other in Be Vegan
10 Health Reasons for Going Vegan
Vegans live longer, why? We will see as we examine each disease process on this list. Catherine Hagel – 114 year old VEGETARIAN, despite her advanced age, she took no medications. Loreen Dinwiddie 108 year
Macaroni And Cheese
An added unique elements to this Macaroni And Cheese recipe: a potluck, cottage cheese and sour cream. Recipe makes 6 servings, easy, creamy, and the sour cream add great flavor. Preparation takes 10 minutes, cooking
Caprese Salad With Homemade Vegan Fresh Mozzarella
(For all ingredients, please use organic versions if available) 2 cups raw cashews, soaked for several hours in water ½ cup rejuvelac Pinch of sea salt ½ - ¾ teaspoon xanthan gum 2 tablespoons agar
The Benefits Of Vegan Diet
The spiritual arguments against eating meat are convincing for some people, but there are other compelling reasons for being a vegan. All of them are rooted in common sense. They have to do with issues